- Base their education on classical Christian thought
- Follow the words of the school patron, John Paul II, “Fides et Ratio” (“Faith and Knowledge”)
- Conduct the educational process by building a bond between students, parents and teachers
- Enrich the didactic program of the Ministry of Education by introducing additional subjects and organizing extra-curricular activities
John Paul II Catholic High School offers:
- Classical upbringing and education in the spirit of catholic and patriotic values
- Regular contact and cooperation with parents
- Every day morning prayer, the Holy Mass on every first Friday of the month and religious holidays, religious retreats and pilgrimages
- Excellent education opportunities – every year students from both our schools receive excellent exam results, which makes us one of the best schools in our region.
- A chance to participate in a variety of subject competitions. Our students have won top places in many prestigious competitions organised by the Gdańsk Board of Education.
- A large variety of foreign languages, such as English, German, French, and Spanish. In addition, all our students have Latin lessons.
- IT classes in our professional Computer Labs
- A well-developed cooperation with universities and specialist institutions, e.g. the Technical University of Gdańsk, the University of Gdańsk, Gdynia Maritime University, Medical University of Gdańsk
- Versatile physical development – students have the opportunity to play a variety of sports in our school
- Cooperation and students exchange programs with schools in Poland and in Europe, e.g. Germany and France
- An opportunity to develop students’ artistic talents in the school theatre, school choir and band.
- A variety of forms of entertainment, such as winter camps, school trips, discotheques, and also movie nights at school
- Our school also offers attractive trips to European countries. Most often our students visit France and Great Britain. These trips take place at least once a year and are a huge success with our students.
- All the required documents necessary to apply to our school can be submitted at the secretary’s office. Each applicant receives an ID number which is assigned to him/her for the time of the recruitment procedure.
Conditions of enrollment:
Written religion exam usually takes place in March or early April. All the candidates gather in St. Andrew Bobola Church. Results are usually announced about two weeks after the exam. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Secretary’s Office from 8.00 to 4 p.m. at:
Plac Swiętego Andrzeja 281-168 Gdynia
- Written Religious Education exam – syllabus and past exam papers are available in the secretary’s office
- Application, CV, three photographs, health certificate
- For Junior High School – a certificate of the fifth form of primary school and a list of grades from the first term of the sixth form, for High School – a certificate of the second form of junior high school and a list of grades from the first term of the third form
- Letters of recommendation issued by the R.E. teacher and the parish priest
tel./fax. 0048 (0-prefix-58) 665-42-80
INTERESTED IN STUDENT EXCHANGE?
Our schools, described in detail above, are looking for partner schools to conduct students exchange programmess. We appreciate the value and importance of learning foreign languages in today’s modern world, and we believe that organising students’ exchanges is one of the best and most effective ways to motivate young people to learn some of the most popular European languages, and in addition to that, to teach them how to be tolerant and open to other cultures. We are looking for partners mostly in Europe (but not only there!). Student exchange programs can be conducted in English, German, French, as these are the leading languages in our school. Our students have also Spanish so this language can also be taken into account. We are also interested in cooperation with schools that would like to join educational programs organised by EU. Our students’ ages range from 13 to 18. We promise an interesting, exciting and stimulating cooperation! Apart from that, we would just like to add that our school is beautifully located in one of the most interesting regions of Poland – Tricity, which comprises three unique cities, each with their own individual character and offering plenty of things to see and experience. If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact us at the addresses given above. See you in Gdynia!